NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
becksbug
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the best combination of some new plugs and wires ,to get a little more oomph out of my 2.0,time for a tune up so figured to try and get a little more power, any suggestions would be appreciated ,thanx.
Becksbug.

·
dub-tech.com
13 Posts
The stock plugs and wires are your best bet...you won't gain anything with aftermarkets, except problems. Also, unless you plan on butchering the wires removing them, they probably don't need changed. Stock wires last WELL over 100K miles unless damaged when replacing spark plugs.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
I'm at 75K on our 2.0L and I've replaced with NGK plugs twice and replaced the wires once with OEM ones.

Plugs: $4.28 each from Advance Auto Parts (next day special order item)
Wires: $38 (www.ecsperformance.com - OEM)

I've heard for wires, Magnecor is good - but more expensive. And if money were no object, I'd run Nology wires (about $160)- those things would outlast the engine. For alternatives to plugs, the only ones I might consider besides stock are BERU.

Just to the right of this pic, you can see the NGK stock number (2397). That is the correct NGK plug for our AEG motor code. You can order them with that - you don't need the whole part number.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts