NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I'm picking up my new beetle. YEEHAW!:p It's a 2006 Convertible Aquarius Blue, Package 1.
So here is my question: What after market speakers should I put into it to listen to great music (Big Band, Jazz, Pop, New Age)?
I cannot express how completely giddy I am about the purchase of this car!

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
i would say to get the car first and then decide if you need to replace the speakers :D the stockers are pretty good especially if you have the monsoon set up in there

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
Welcome to the Org.:wave2: I agree with BAD BUG & jazzcat the factory speakers are very good. Glad you could join us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Monsoon?

Y'all rock. What a relief that the stock speakers are good--and what a shock! Dumb question...what's the "monsoon"? I pick up the car tomorrow!
Linda

·
1,255 Posts
:) Well I don't know about speakers, but I do like your choice of music and NBC. I listen to mostly Mannheim Steamroller.

You will enjoy the .org.

Merry Christmas

·
Beetleman
430 Posts
Hey there Duffy, you're a Mannheim Steamroller fan too !!

My wife and I saw them live at the new Bobcats Arena in Charlotte last Sunday night. Man, what a great show. They played all the Christmas tunes from all of their Christmas CD's (I've got em all too).

If you ever get the chance to see them in concert - GO !!

BTW - I've burned all of their CD's into two MP3 CD's one for my wife and one for me. We've been playing them in our NB's all week.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

·
1,255 Posts
Oh me!
I can only imagine what it would be like to hear then in concert. I have all of the Fresh Aire series and others too. Most if not all of the Christmas albums. All of my MS are loaded on my Phatnoise with space to spare. I have been through Charlotte (airport) may times on my way to Hickory. Use to do quality inspections at a company there.

If MS ever comes to Memphis, I'll be there.

Merry Christmas,
Tom

·
MattyJ
15 Posts
Monsoon is a speaker maunafacturer. They're known for ribbon tweeters and I'd have to agree - the monsoon system sounds really good. I just picked up my NB tuesday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday and after I got home noticed the passenger dash speaker grill was dented in.

Wonder if the dash removal is the same as the air filter change?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts