NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
New but not that new
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Its been a very long time since I have contributed or asked questions on here but I need some help.

I am looking for a replacement hose for my 2000 1.8t APH block. I don't know a part number and I cant find one for it in my bentley manual. The hose is a rubber hose that connects to the upper side of the pancake pipe (I'm using an ABD replacement), that also connects to the metal pipe coming off of the turbo. I've attached a couple of pics that I found searching for this pipe. Sorry Too Cold NB1.8T, I "borrowed" your pics of this pipe.

If someone knows of a part number for this rubber pipe, a website to buy one from, or even an aftermarket silicone replacement. The silicone replacement would be awesome because this it the only hose on my NB that isn't, but I'll settle for the OEM.

Thanks,
Phillip B.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Questions first:

Is the hose you need exactly like the one pictured with clamps on both ends?
or does it have a metal ring with a clip on one end and a clamp on the other?

I assume that it's an earlier / later version than the standard 1.8 hose or specific to the ABD?
or maybe its just mine that is different as I have a AWP

Anyway I think it's some kind of version of 06A 145 790 *
mine is a 06A 145 790 A

Look here for a parts break down:

2000 New Beetle VW Replacement Parts

DSCN0429.JPG

Hope this helps;

K

·
New but not that new
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Krash

Thanks for the reply. The hose that I am looking for DOES have the clamps on both ends and is not like yours. The difference could be because my 2000 has an APH block. The hose I am looking for is the standard OEM Hose, but I would love to have an aftermarket silicone hose that way this hose isn't my weak link in my boost plumbing. It is connecting to my old school ABD racing lower intercooler tube. Thanks for that website, now I can do some part searches for that hose. By the way, is that website a full ETKA?

Does anyone know of an aftermarket silicone replacement? No one made one years ago so I'm hoping enough people have complained to companies like Samco and Forge to produce it.

Thanks Again,
Phillip B.

Questions first:

Is the hose you need exactly like the one pictured with clamps on both ends?
or does it have a metal ring with a clip on one end and a clamp on the other?

I assume that it's an earlier / later version than the standard 1.8 hose or specific to the ABD?
or maybe its just mine that is different as I have a AWP

Anyway I think it's some kind of version of 06A 145 790 *
mine is a 06A 145 790 A

Look here for a parts break down:

2000 New Beetle VW Replacement Parts

View attachment 86774
Hope this helps;

K

·
New but not that new
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did some searching online for this hose at a few different places and every site I have tried shows this hose selling for $140.00 and up to $188.00. WOW!!! Why is this hose so expensive? Anyone have one for sale? I need the one like in the original picture that does not have that metal ring at the top. The one I need just uses hose clamps at both ends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts