NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I love my 2000 Turbo Beetle, just turned over 100,000. miles. It was running perfectly...and I was rushing down the interstate and it started to stall I pumped the gas quickly and it continued on with no problems. Then a few weeks go by and My adult son was driving it and it just quit on the highway he coasted of a near exit. It hasn,t started since. I had it towed home. I can crank it over and over but it never tries to fire up.
I tried disconnecting battery and reconnecting still won't start.
I've taken off fuel line at rail and gas squirts out when triing to start. I inspected the timing belt all seems good. Any Ideas would be appreiciated.:confused:

·
2,646 Posts
I think you need to get a code scan before you can get some real help, otherwise it's just guessing--which can get darn expensive when you just start throwing parts at it.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Agreed, check for codes.

Did you check all around the belt (as much as you can really) and make sure there are no stripped teeth or anything? Has the belt ever been done?

Have you tried jumping it?

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
And also note, the majority of the time, the timing belt itself doesn't break. The tensioner does. It could have jumped teeth while appearing to still have tension on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2000 Turbo Beetle Trouble

Thanks, I don't have a code reader and without it running and the battery has gone dead and also disconnected the codes are probably gone. I'll have to look closer at the timing belt, I bought the car used 1 year ago and don't know if the timing belt has ever been replaced. I was wondering about a throttle position sensor or something like that going bad or out of position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts