NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are turbo beetles hard to find? i have one and someday want a newer one and hope i can find another turbo. are they hard to find? what years can i find for turbo's?

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
All of mine have been turbos, four 1.8ts, and turbo diesel TDI.

I would not say they were rare. :D

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
are turbo beetles hard to find? i have one and someday want a newer one and hope i can find another turbo. are they hard to find? what years can i find for turbo's?
They are not that rare. The TDI's may be a little more difficult to find but there are plenty of 1.8's out there.
The 2012 Beetle is the first beetle with the 2.0 TSI engine.
If you think your 1.8 is quick you better watch out. Those 2.0 Turbos are incredible and respond very well to tunes. My brother has a 2006 Passat with 2.0 FSI engine and an APR tune. That thing flies. It's amazing how much power that 2.0 is capable of making. Also one good thing about the 2012 Beetle 2.0 TSI is that you will never have to worry about the damn timing belt again since it has a timing chain. :D
I won't be able to afford a 2.0 Turbo beetle any time soon but it will be my next car in a few years when I can snag one used for a lot less than new. ;)

Back to your original question. I believe the last year for the 1.8T engine for the beetle was in 2004.

Now if you want a RARE beetle try to find a 3.2 RSi Not even sure if there are any here in the states. They were sold between 2000-2003 They came with a 3.2 VR6 engine with standard 225HP and 240lbs of torque. Very impressive.
BTW, with a simple stage 1 tune the 2012 Beetle 2.0Tsi can produce 254HP and 303lbs of torque. With a few other mods like a 3 inch downpipe, exhaust and and open air intake and a Stage II tune 300HP isn't very far off. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I've never seen production figures 1.8T v. 2.0, but I'm guessing about a 50/50 split from '99 thru '05.

Here's the breakdown by years and engines, and even though the charts say '09, simply continue the 2.5L through '10

M.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts