NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...been here before but, Do I send my computer off and have it flashed for Turbo boost or do I go old school and solder the chip? K&N cold air kit has been universally endorsed. But...I'm getting 2 opposing opinions on the Turbo: Flash and risk having it wiped out when I go in for warranty work or solder and replace the chip everytime I go in for warranty work? Both are asking 3 days turnaround time....send/return computer or solder/install. (FYI: 2004 w/ 20K miles) Also...can anyone confirm that I'm looking to gain 25hp and 40lbs torque? Thanks.

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
Had mine done at apr dealer by direct port-got the 93 & 100 oct program with stock switch.

Apr said that i should not have a problem when i take it to dealer ,since i have the stock switch(you use your cruise control for switching). Dont know where you are located in nc-but noticed two apr dealers-cary nc and charlotte. Call apr they will be glad to offer suggestions.

I got 40 hp increase and about 54 torque increase. I have made a few more changes that probably have increased hp and torque.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

So is this a 3 day procedure?

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
no- just a couple of hours.

I had full apr turbo back exhaust installed so it took couple of more hours.. The full exhaust really compliments the system.
I highly reco. the full exhaust, i had 2.5" installed.

Direct port is way to go , it is much quicker and works fine.

If you decide to get apr let me know and i will be glad to offer suggestions. Believe me it really makes a difference in nb's performance

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
No--they just plug in

They also offer fault code erase with the chip for 50.00-if you dont have a vag you might want this option.

nothing helps like a vag-if you get serious (or not serious) about performance a vag ,i think, is needed. A vag , in the long run, will save you money.

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
Its a scan tool-a windows based diagnostic software-it emulates functions of dealers scan tool

Need pc to run it on-lap top is most convenient. A interface adapter is provided to connect pc to car.

check it out at www.ross-tech.com

Your fine -i had to ask same question when i got on .org.

The vag- pin points any problems with nb. The dealer charges a good amount to put nb on their scan tool.

.org members kept telling me to get a vag-after i purchased it
i wanted to kick myself for not getting one sooner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts