VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was wondering after searching for hours upon hours what’s the best way to get turbo flutter? I’ve read countless threads that have all said different things and different steps in order to do so. Apologies if there’s already a direct how-to for it, I may have missed it I guess. Any help is much appreciated! Have a wonderful day!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Any reason why you want to do that? I've only heard of it being something not good for the turbo. Do you just want more noise? There are certainly better ways to do that.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
So, you don't have it or you are having a problem with it? I had this "problem" and was able to fix the malfunction, that was causing it.

To diagnose a flutter issue:

A full auto scan for trouble codes;,is a good place to start.

I've had issues in the past; definitely boost control related, check parts related to the turbo boost system (n75, diverter valve, boost hoses, waste gate actuation, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any reason why you want to do that? I've only heard of it being something not good for the turbo. Do you just want more noise? There are certainly better ways to do that.
Definitely just want more noise for it like other turbochargers could do without having to upgrade, I’ve read disconnecting the DV is one thing but could lead to a significant amount of other problems, I guess I’m trying to look for the right way to do it if there is one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you don't have it or you are having a problem with it? I had this "problem" and was able to fix the malfunction, that was causing it.

To diagnose a flutter issue:

A full auto scan for trouble codes;,is a good place to start.

I've had issues in the past; definitely boost control related, check parts related to the turbo boost system (n75, diverter valve, boost hoses, waste gate actuation, etc.).

I don’t have this problem but I guess it’s more wanting the stututu without annihilating the engine in the process, there’s no codes showing as we’ve taken it to get serviced so everything is fine I would just want a way to get the noise the right way if there is one

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The system is designed for a closed recirculation boost system; a aftermarket diverter valve, like the Forge 008 is louder and then, they have a combination splitter valve. I have the Forge 008 installed and it is definitely louder, then the stock 710N, while improving boost control quality and throttle response.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,412 Posts
Aftermarket DV as stated, and a cold air intake could give you the sound you are looking for. Inducing turbo flutter could cause damage to your turbo so I would avoid that. You can also do an aftermarket exhaust for more sound.

·
Registered
264 Posts
You can save money and just put the noise you want one a loop as you shift gears.. sorry. To me that's a useless "mod". But, but... I have lost count of how many useless things I've bought. 😂 Just please don't put a rice burner muffler on it. Just do a little searching on it, then buy. Have fun.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can save money and just put the noise you want one a loop as you shift gears.. sorry. To me that's a useless "mod". But, but... I have lost count of how many useless things I've bought. 😂 Just please don't put a rice burner muffler on it. Just do a little searching on it, then buy. Have fun.
off topic but ... I like mine quiet so the "big boys" who can't stand little cars also don't know what just ate them for breakfast

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

I call those “little weenie” mufflers. So all these little boys race around in their rice burners and say “Hey guys look at my little....”

1 - 10 of 10 Posts