NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the turbo on my 2000 APH code 1.8 and I have a noob question... I have everything off the turbo except the oil/coolant lines on the top of the turbo. I'm wondering if I am going to have to remove the manifold and pull it through the top, or if I am supposed to remove the axle and pull it out thru the bottom? It doesn't look like it will fit either direction lol... Also, I was thinking about having it rebuilt instead of replacing. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good rebuilder?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Hope you're working with this anyway, but in the advent your not, by the book...

Part I, Part II in next post.

M.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Part II

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! I also had to take the inner axle joint loose to get the last bit of clearance to pull the turbo out the bottom. Anyone have a suggestion for a rebuilder? The one I found said you can't buy parts for them and it's a dealer only item... We all know you can buy them other places... But who can rebuild them???

·
5/23/10 <3
11,098 Posts
Rebuild for the turbo? Check out GpopShop. We had our turbo rebuilt there for our Mk1. Great work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts