NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my front bumper fixed and repainted; however, the shop couldn't get my old fog lights to bolt on 100% and one of them has come off and completely hanging there. (These fog lights had been hanging partially since I got the car, but never came completely loose.) From what I was told, the inside of the bumper was cracked, which prevent them from bolting the fog lights into place. The only way to fix it is to replace the entire bumper. (Really?!)

My question is how the fog lights are bolted on. I thought they are bolted on to the center grill (or lower panel?) instead of the bumper.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
All this & I can cook too
482 Posts
On a Turbo S the fog lights are mounted from the top / back of the fog light housing. If you are standing in front of the car looking at the fog lights, the mounting points are above the lights and kinda behind them a little.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the explanation. I guess my question is how the whole fog light assembly, including the housing and mounts in the back you mentioned, mounted on to the bumper.

Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With no luck of finding used fog lights for my TS at local junk yards and not wanting to spend $300 on the new set, I decided to try the zip tie method I found on this forum to fix up my falling fog lights. After $1.59 and 10 minutes of "hard" work, I got my fog lights mounted back (more like tied up) to where they should be and it worked perfectly! :D

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts