NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member since 2003
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2003 Turbo "S" with a white gauge lighting. Before this car I had a 2000 Turbo, which had the blue lighting. I miss that blue lighting a lot, has anyone out there changed the lighting sucessfully? Any help would be awesome! P.S. I'm aware that I would not only have to do the gauge, but also the radio and HUD.

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
natemeins said:
I've got a 2003 Turbo "S" with a white gauge lighting. Before this car I had a 2000 Turbo, which had the blue lighting. I miss that blue lighting a lot, has anyone out there changed the lighting sucessfully? Any help would be awesome! P.S. I'm aware that I would not only have to do the gauge, but also the radio and HUD.
Ya replace the gauge cluster... or swap out all those tiny lil LEDs... thats really about the only way to do it.

·
Member since 2003
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, but everything else has white...VW's have blue. And besides it's nice on the eyes, it looks awesome with the red lighting. If it's easy to do, i'd be willing to setup a swap with you, bugmonkey.

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
Few weeks ago i installed bernt guage pod and put in 42 draft design vdo black face gauges-had red lighting -could not see lighting very well at all, so i got the perfect match led's , which only come in blue, still not enough light -blue also looked fuzzy.

So 42 sent me regular white light and they give very good light.

The stewart warner gauges , that 42 designs sales, would have given me more light.

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
natemeins said:
yeah, but everything else has white...VW's have blue. And besides it's nice on the eyes, it looks awesome with the red lighting. If it's easy to do, i'd be willing to setup a swap with you, bugmonkey.
not everything has white, most have green

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
I'd love to. Unfortunately I don't think a complete swap would be possible. Turbo S and TDI have different Speedo and Tachs. Then there are the legalitys of altering the odometer. If you could find a dude with an '03 1.8 with similar miles it would be do-able.

·
Member since 2003
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, the 1.8T to TDI might not work, but I was hoping that the odometer could be left and the lights or something swapped. Need to research into it more. It's really no big deal, I;ve had her since new, but there are days I wish I still had the blue lighting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts