NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, name is Jeff.............I can't believe I bought a Beetle, I'd thought about it over the years, but never took the plunge.
I'm a long time VW/Audi enthusiast (read, addict) and since I sold my Westy I've been hunting for the perfect year round ride to replace it with. (I never drove the Westy in the winter)
I almost bought another UrS6 (would have been #3), but then I borrowed dad's for a couple weeks and I remembered why I sold my last one.....they are really, really thirsty cars......
So, I needed something interesting and with some snap that got fairly decent mileage; I considered a regular beetle with a TDI, but once I saw this sweet little Turbo S for sale I knew what I wanted.
There will be lots of mods in store for this beauty.....can't wait to get started. :cool:

I always say, wheels make the car and these OZ Aristo 18" R32 wheels are no exception. One of the reasons the car caught my eye.

And a couple shots of where I came from.......:cool:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice car! I have never been a VAG fan but I seem to have bought 2 bugs this year?!
Elmo is a 1.8T US Spec GLS in red and Cookie is a blue 1.8T UK Spec Highline with a remap and soon to have 40mm lower suspension and a silicone air intake pipe :)
We don't get the Turbo S in the UK, our sport is the V5 2.5 (?) Golf engine and they only come in black or silver and I'm not a black or silver car kind of girl :D

Cookie is currently running about 200bhp and will have a few more once the air intake (& an itg foam air filter) is fitted, Elmo will feel slow when we get back out in September!

Hope you enjoy as much as I do :)

Kate

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Congrats! The Turbo S is so much fun, it should be illegal! :D

Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle! :party:

·
Lay Lady Lay
968 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the Turbo S family - she's gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Welcome to the Org and congratulations on finding a beautiful '04 TS. I have an '04 Platinum Grey and I love it. Have fun and keep an eye open for speed traps. This little car will definitely make you want to put your foot in it. :crazy:

And I do like the wheels. :D

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Welcome to the Org and congratulations on finding a beautiful '04 TS. I have an '04 Platinum Grey and I love it. Have fun and keep an eye open for speed traps. This little car will definitely make you want to put your foot in it. :crazy:

And I do like the wheels. :D
That about sums it up, 'cept mine is a 03.5
And I don't like the wheels......
I Love them.
lookin for a set of Aristos for my TS.

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the welcome:cool:

Yeah, the aristo's were one of the reasons I bought the car. There was another Turbo S almost identical in Edmonton for around the same cash, but he had the special edition turbo wheels (not the TS ones), just didn't have the same "pop". Of course, the fact that it was two years older with more miles for the same money combined with the fact that the seller is a complete douche probably played a factor as well.:D

Question for the Turbo S fans....was this model ever sold new in Canada or was it US only?

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I am pretty sure they were Not sold in Canada. Look up a member here on the Org, going by DowntownTurbo. He is also from Canada and has a TS. If I remember correctly, he stated that there were only 5 TS models in Canada.

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am pretty sure they were Not sold in Canada. Look up a member here on the Org, going by DowntownTurbo. He is also from Canada and has a TS. If I remember correctly, he stated that there were only 5 TS models in Canada.
I kind of figured as much, I had never even heard of them until I ran across the kijiji ad. Oddly enough there was two of them for sale at the same time and in the same province which is why I was wondering.....lol. Given the rarity up here, what are the odds? lol

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the .org brother Jeff!

Nice ride ;) :thup:

Yes Gene is correct! VWoC never sold the TS in Canada most likely due to the price, which I believe was higher than that of a Jetta GLI at the time. I wish they had although it was one hell of a road trip back from Tulsa, OK and I would not have passed on that opportunity :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts