NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
No, mine fell off; dealer got another one, that one fell of and I have not replaced since then! Any special way; that you have kept it on? I figured; if I ever did get another one, I would secure it with fasteners of some sort. Pray tell; how have you managed to keep it on? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL! :confused:

·
An Air-Cooled Fan, Too!
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, mine fell off; dealer got another one, that one fell of and I have not replaced since then! Any special way; that you have kept it on? I figured; if I ever did get another one, I would secure it with fasteners of some sort. Pray tell; how have you managed to keep it on? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL! :confused:
Not sure, except that it's always had a tight, good fit. I took it out and cleaned it up, and fit it tightly back in a couple of years ago, but it's shown no signs of working loose, and I've even shocked the frame a few times by hitting unforeseen bumps and potholes! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
I know of some who would drill holes in a unseen part and run a zip tie through them loosely to keep it from falling off.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a license plate holder that will supposedly screw in where the tow hook will go. I have been searching for how to remove the cover. I saw a YouTube video showing how to do it with a Porsche (forget which model). I read another thread saying the tow hook screws in "backwards" (to the left rather than to the right for installation).

Now, I see this thread. And I'm spooked.

I don't want to remove the cover if doing so means I would never be able to put it back on. And if the previous owner did something with glue or whatever to make it permanent, I don't want to use elbow grease to break something.

So, how should it come off, and how should it go back on, and how easy should it be to do both?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts