NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right side turn indicator lens on my NB Turbo S has a few hairline cracks in it. Water gets in, fogs the lens, and eventually evaporates. I tried sealing the cracks with glue/clear adhesive, with no luck.

Dealer wanted 300 bucks plus to replace the bugger. Can somebody direct me on what this involves? I expect the indicator lamp will die early because of the water, and want to fix it right.

Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
8,913 Posts
Yeah - I'd suggest replacing it - you can find a set of clear corners for a reasonable price on ebay or even on here sometime.

I thought I had posted the BugMod How-To, but haven't yet.

The TurboS uses the same side markers as the rear...

Here's the meat of it.

Removing or changing the rear corner light assemblies and accessing the rear license plate bulbs are probably the easiest technical mods done to the NB.

The rear corner lenses are easily removed by carefully inserting a small flathead screwdriver head into the inboard side of the assembly (covered with either protective tape, or a rag). Once inserted, apply light pressure to wedge the assembly out of the bumper opening - just far enough to finish removing with your hand (picture - above left). The rear license plate assembly is similarly removed by wedging-out from the bumper opening from the top (picture - above right). Access allows you to change the bulbs, and/or the lens assemblies themselves.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts