NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
I am currently buying an 02 Turbo S, ko4, borla exhaust, cold air intake, stage 1+ unitronic tune. Car is making 215 atm, but I would like it to make more. I know I can do the Stage 2+ with just the Audi TT225 injectors and MAF housing, but I feel like that will limit me and I'll have to upgrade more. I want to put a front mount, but cannot find one around. Anyone have any links? I also want a sigma short throw, anyone have it, worth it? Im thinking about the fuel pump too, worth it? Best one? Here's the link of where I'm buying it 2002 Beetle Turbo S please take a look and let me know what you think of it and what you think i should do. (I know she has a lot of miles guys and gals)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Downpipe
Turbo inlet pipe
BOV/bypass valve to hold full boost, forge and turbosmart have good options
drill holes in passenger fenderwell for better airflow over the intercooler

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upgrades

I forgot to mention, I'm sorry, the car has the forged diverter vavle as well as the inlet pipe. I'll check on the downpipe, but is there anything else? What's the power I should be making with a proper tune on this?

And for IC, should I go front or upgraded side mount?

(Sorry I'm kinda new to this whole bug life.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,125 Posts
If you go to Unitronic's website, they will give you all the information about the tune (what is needed, power output, etc.). Also good for future upgrades, so you know what you'll need for a new tune.

I am Stage 2 on my GTI (same drivetrain as your Turbo S). 3" turbo back, Forge 007 DV. No upgrades to intercooler. Runs great and power is awesome.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smileybug, thank you! The car is actually stage 1+ (unitronic) at the moment! I was looking at stage 2+, but was questioning going to a performance shop and having them tune it. Any thoughts or should I just stay Unitronic?

I saw another Turbo S our of Minnesota that has a custom stage 2 from a shop. it was spitting flames. Does anyone spit flames in there bug? Is it worth it? If so, how would I go about this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts