NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

We are an automotive repair shop for European vehicles in Atlanta, GA. Currently we are trying to fix someones jerry-rigging attempt. A very clean Turbo S with xenon headlamps, well instead of buying the xenon module to remedy their lack of headlamps, they tried to convert to halogen. They got two junkyard halogen headlamp assemblies and chopped the harness. They eventually gave up and I have a cut harness on one side. Well the new owner bought the car in this condition and brought it to me. Here is the thing, they chopped the plug coming from the harness in the engine bay that plugs into the xenon module on the side of the headlamp assembly. I have a replacement plug, but no wiring diagram and nothing to reference to get the wires pinned right in the new plug. We can't do this anyway but right the first time because we are $4,000 deep in new headlamp assemblies, bulbs, sub-harnesses, and xenon modules. Cant risk frying anything.

TL;DR - Would anyone mind removing their xenon headlamp assembly and take a picture of the plug that goes from lighting sub-harness to xenon module? Or a diagram if you have one for wire colors?

Thanks in advance!:D

EDIT: We have Mitchell and Alldata and no luck with wiring for this area of the headlight harness. Dealership was no help either.

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
Hey, couple of questions:

1. is this a us spec vehicle
2. are you asking for stock wiring information and pics
3. are you trying to return everything back to original
4. what year is the new beetle

NOTE: the Turbo S; has unique headlight assemblies and they are not the same as the other new beetles; this maybe adding confusion, to your repair project. The Turbo S; was from 2002-2004.

We will do our best to help! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

NOTE: the Turbo S; has unique headlight assemblies and they are not the same as the other new beetles; this maybe adding confusion, to your repair project. The Turbo S; was from 2002-2004.

2004 Beetle Turbo S. I am looking for a pinout diagram that shows which wires go where for the plug. This is the plug that goes into xenon module. Trying to put everything back to stock. Got one side okay but it seems the wiring is different per side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Bump!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts