NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can’t find anything to help me. This is my last hope. I have a new beetle with a strong 1.8t. But it spoils harder than when I gun it sometimes just in crank up. Sometimes for a while after it will kick in blow off ( as much as a 1.8t can) and be fine. Nobody can tell me anything. HELP ME INTERNET! Please and thank you.

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
So, basics: what year, model beetle do you have and how many miles does it have? Scan for any trouble codes and post any you find.

From what i can tell; you are saying, you have a boost hesitation or drivability problem?

If you can give us some history of the car, any repairs or parts you have replaced lately, that would be helpful. Making a video on your phone and posting it to youtube, describing the exact issue, could help is understand the issue you are describing, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s an 03 1.8t 20v. 125k miles. And no ther issues. Drives fine power is good just spools like the turbo is gonna blow up randomly at start up. I mean WAY LOUDER than even the highest revs. Will be code checking this weekend and will update. THANKS!!

·
5/23/10 <3
11,137 Posts
So you're hearing something at startup in neutral/park? Or is this while you are driving? The turbo shouldn't be spooling on startup. Could be something else like your secondary air pump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s my idea too. But it spools almost out of control sometimes on start up. Stops for a minute or two then repeats as I drive randomly for a few minutes. And yeah in nutral mostly it’s a five speed.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,137 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge to know for sure that its the turbo? Could you take a video of what happens?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No boost gauge. But it’s definitely the turbo. I’m pretty mechanically handy. I’ve just never had a stock turbo, and no gear head I know can explain it either. Thanks for the replys though didn’t think I’d get a response.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds like you have the N75 /WasteGate and Ambient pressure Vacuum lines crossed up. Or you’re using a manual boost controller with the same problem. are you sure the sound is your turbo and not your cooling Fans/Aux cooling pump? If you are local I could look at it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I’ve been slack. I work around 65 hrs a week at a pet supply distributor. Yeah giant dog food bags and kitty litter all night 3pm to 1:30 am. I will put up a YouTube video and link when my roommate gets here in a bit. Thanks again so much really didn’t expect this kind of response!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts