VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started noticing a change in performace from my 1.9 tdi beetle. I have a boost guage that is showing spikes in excessive of 25 + psi without much accelleration. There is even less performance under load in 5th gear at 100km/hr the boost guage is at 15 psi and the car is not pulling at all. Subsequently I'm staying off the highways, also I haven't had any codes yet because I'm keeping the boost under 15 psi but it obvious theres a problem. Does this sound like the N75?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like your VNT is getting stuck closed in your turbo, not uncommon. Find the vacuum line that goes to your VNT actuator and remove it. Drive the car and see if it still is making to much boost, if so you need to take you turbo apart and clean it. If not then replace your N75.
I would read up on the subject over on the TDI forums for lots of info on the matter.
Best of luck.
NZ.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Nz, I had the turbo apart about 15 000 km ago and cleaned it up with solvent and a tooth brush, I could see my reflection in it. I try and keep it clean by heating up the engine and working the turbo under load as much as possible. Today I got under the car to check the clamps and hoses for air leaks but they look fine i also checked the actuator and could move the arm with minimum force, I will try a new n75 asap. How would a bad mass airflow sensor effect the turbo? Thx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts