NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2009 New Beetle with advanced air bags has problems with the turn signals and hazard lights. Signals stay on when switch is activated for both directions, hazard lights illuminate but will not flash. I'm suspecting the flasher unit is defective. Hazard switch is located above the radio in the center dash area. Is the flasher relay part of the switch? How do I gain access to the switch to remove it if the switch and relay are the same. thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm not sure on what is and is not combined with the switch for the hazard lights. I do know that a few years ago the switch died in my car and I lost all signal functionality.

I can't really help you beyond that anecdote.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you resolve the beetle flasher/hazard light issue?

Our 2009 New Beetle with advanced air bags has problems with the turn signals and hazard lights. Signals stay on when switch is activated for both directions, hazard lights illuminate but will not flash. I'm suspecting the flasher unit is defective. Hazard switch is located above the radio in the center dash area. Is the flasher relay part of the switch? How do I gain access to the switch to remove it if the switch and relay are the same. thanks
I think I have the same problem .... all the turn signals work fine but when I push the center mount hazard switch they will flash if I hold the button in, but will not flash once I stop pushing the button. I'm willing to swap out the hazard switch if that will solve the problem.

Any advice on how or if you solve the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
I think I have the same problem .... all the turn signals work fine but when I push the center mount hazard switch they will flash if I hold the button in, but will not flash once I stop pushing the button. I'm willing to swap out the hazard switch if that will solve the problem.

Any advice on how or if you solve the problem?

Thanks
Woobug it sounds like your switch is electrically fine but mechanically faulty in that when you push the button it should release and leave the switch in the open position, instead the bounce back on the switch is actually disengaging the switch when released.

You should be able to fix this with a new switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts