NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my 2002 New Beetle whenever i put my turn signals on to change lanes or to indicate my turn, its either off beat or flashes once and then turns off. Can someone help me? Its almost gotta me ran over.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Certified Arcade Tech
416 Posts
kinda confused....

Is the turn signal handle kicking itself back to 'off'?

Is the turn signal handle in the left/right position..and it just stops? And if so---if you wiggle it does it resume?

By 'off beat' is it flashing rapidly on one side only? Both sides....or exactly what is the 'off beat'?

Do all the lights work as far as exterior? Any blown blubs?

S-

·
Registered
950 Posts
So in my 2002 New Beetle whenever i put my turn signals on to change lanes or to indicate my turn, its either off beat or flashes once and then turns off. Can someone help me? Its almost gotta me ran over.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I would suspect the issue is in the stick on your steering column. Do you have any other problems with the tools on that stick? Cruise control working? Hi/Low beam works as expected?

Do your hazard lights work properly? I don't know for certain if this applies to your year but on my 98 the turn signals run through the hazard light switch, when it failed I lost all signal control as well as hazard lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but when I did my center console and dash mod, I took apart the switches below the A/C and heating controls (see picture).

Once the switches were disconnected, I learned that these control the turn signals and hazard lights. Is it possible these got knocked loose and just need to be tightened? I could be totally wrong but maybe this will help you! Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts