NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
I have one, I didn't really use it much. The bude vase didn't seem to sit in it right. If I get time today I'll take a pic for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm. yeah i see what you mean. i don't think it would be very sturdy for my application. i'll probably just buy an extra bud vase and mod it. thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a gps .. one of those largeish expensive ones. it'll make it stick too far up into the persons field of vision. i'll just buy an extra plastic bud vase and mod it .. it'll work fine. anyone know where you can get the OEM type clear plastic ones cheap? i need it pretty soon so I can get the mount made in a couple weeks.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I see someone's linking my car. :D
I disagree on the sturdiness of it. Agreed it doesn't fit 100% with the vase and it's a pain in the butt to get on there snugly as it doesn't line up perfectly. However, when you get the vase itself locked in, it's quite immovable. I use mine for my cel phone of course. You do have to make sure the lttle hex nut is tight and if you move the position a bit it will loosen. A drop of some strong glue should keep it stationary, though i've had no problems with mine. Almost mounted my XM to it, but got a better option for that.

I saw get one, give it a shot. They aren't too expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after seeing the picture i think it would probably push the gps too far up intothe drivers line of vision. otherwise i would give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
FineExampl said:
I see someone's linking my car.
It was the first pic that came to mind and I also didn't want to go to the garage to take a pic :) I might start using mine again, but I generaly don't use the GPS in the bug.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like it might actually work, anyone wanna sell theirs? I dont have the two weeks to wait for TVA to ship.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
It's black in color, TVA (aiwana.com) has them.
To mount it you remove your bud vase (turn tounlock), place it over the hole, and replace your bud vase, then lock it. If it's like mine, it won't fit 100%, but you just gottle wiggle and twist it the right way. Once it's on, it's on tight. Oh and they paint REALLY easily. Just make sure you have some hex wrenches to lock the little nut tightly so your device doesn't flop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts