NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes I have a thing for twisty roads.
Probably comes from owning motorcycles all those years.
I tend to take turns down windy roads, just to see where they go.
I love the turn in's, the apex's, accelerating out of a turn.
You get the picture, I like curvy roads.
When I was told there was a App to help me find them, I had to check this out. I have only had a chance to play with this a couple of times, so I cant give a lot of input. But I really like the concept.
An App that lets you chose your mode of transportation, car, motorcycle, bicycle. You can search local or worldwide, by zip code or by the current address. You can also choose how far you are willing to travel to get to the twisty's.
The App is free and as of now only supports Droid or Windows. IOS is in the works hopefully.
There is also a wesite at twistyroadfinder.com
Check it out and give me some feed back. I would like to hear some input from you people.
Unless you dont like twisty roads. All those people can go straight to.....just kidding.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Give me your curves, your twisties, your switchbacks, your short-burst straightaways and unexpected whoop-de-doos for I am a Beetle Driver and I have a stick shift

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
downloading now...this app looks like it has some potential, and may have to go for a drive tomorrow morning...:D

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,412 Posts
after trying a few roads it ID'd around here, ummmm, the app isn't all that useful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts