NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever done something so completely stupid, and then wished with all your heart you could just have the last few minutes of your life back? That is exactly the way I felt yesterday morning. We live only a mile away from the condo we used to own, and I always drive over to the little park area to walk my dog. Yesterday Coco (my dog) and I went over to go for a walk. After we walked, we got back in our old pal Ernie and I backed out of the parking spot, put him in drive, and proceeded to slam a large rock with poor Ernie on the driver side front! As soon as I touched the gas to go, I knew I didn't back out far enough, but I was past the point of no return. The result is unbelievable.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,854 Posts
Oh no Mr. Scott! I'm so sorry man. Poor little fella. Other than the scratches, it doesn't look like the panel cracked, so thats a little good news. Still I know you feel bad over this. Get the ol boy in the shop & he'll be good as new.

And to answer your question...YES. too many times to mention :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
184 Posts
A good paint shop can fix that up for not too much money. When my wife clipped a deer last year I had to replace the whole front bumper piece. It was $500 for the piece and another $279 to prep and paint the whole thing.

You should be able to get it fixed for far less.

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
Ouch! At least it wasn't to bad. Ernie will be as good as gold before to long :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Doh! I totally feel your pain. But, it could have been worse. Even if you just get a rag and wipe, it won't look as bad.

In the past few years, I've learned to not sweat the small stuff. There are worse things in my life that a scratch on the car. :eek:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hmmm.....looks like you hit a meteor when you went into warp drive ;) just tryin to add some humor to the situation. Life's to short to worry about things like this, it's repairable.

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
Hi Scott!

Isn't growing older a blast? ;)

Accidents are accidental. They happen to everyone, sooner or later.

Good luck on the repair.

BTW: You should have had your shields up!

Johnny O

·
Registered
377 Posts
MAN, WATCH OUT FOR THOSE JUMPING ROCKS!!

actually I know how you feel since I recently drug a rather large garden rock under my rocker panel and screwed it all up .. Almost as soon as I get estimates Hubby lost his job so I am heading into winter months now before I can repair {{{Cringe}}}

And I still get so mad at myself every time I have to walk up to my driver door and see the damage to my rocker panel

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
we've all been there, though I like to think Lilo just didnt want to be in west virginia when she decided to slide into the deep ditch :lol: :eek: you could always put a bra on ernie till you can get the bumper repainted. :grouphug:

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Oh, I´m sorry about what happened, my friend...:(

Like Al said, it should be a good thing, that there´s not any visible cracks... I hope you´ll get Ernie fixed soon.

Tapsa

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Scott!

Isn't growing older a blast? ;)

Accidents are accidental. They happen to everyone, sooner or later.

Good luck on the repair.

BTW: You should have had your shields up!

Johnny O
Johnny, boy did you hit the nail on the head with the "growing old" statement.
I didn't raise my shields in time. I'm having the best, most modern shields installed with this new upgrade! Shields that even Picard would be jealous of.

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we've all been there, though I like to think Lilo just didnt want to be in west virginia when she decided to slide into the deep ditch :lol: :eek: you could always put a bra on ernie till you can get the bumper repainted. :grouphug:
Jay, that was my very first thought. But we have decided to go ahead with the repair this week!!! I'm calling it my early Christmas gift. We are going to get the door dent fixed so they can match the paint better. Since we made the decision, i'm getting excited!!!!!!

:cool::cool::cool:

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
Jay, that was my very first thought. But we have decided to go ahead with the repair this week!!! I'm calling it my early Christmas gift. We are going to get the door dent fixed so they can match the paint better. Since we made the decision, i'm getting excited!!!!!!

awsome :goodjob:

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all. Well Ernie has gone to the shop to have his boo boo repaired. I took a picture of him as a "Before Pic" and I'll take another in the same spot when he gets home Friday.

Attachments

·
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I forgot, if anyone has a set of clear corners for sale, or if anyone knows of anyone who has a set, please let me know.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Oh I forgot, if anyone has a set of clear corners for sale, or if anyone knows of anyone who has a set, please let me know.

Is the lens actully cracked? If not you can use Novus to polish it back out takes a bit of effort but it works great. can be found in most Harley Dealers.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Scott I have a set... I just moved but I definitely have one for you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 44 Posts