NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this part is called. I have looked online and can't find anything. I can't find the part online because I don't know what they call it. It's the rusted bar in the picture.
IMG_20200825_205941679.jpg
Thanks.

·
Registered
13,410 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2005 dark flint convertible 2.0. I looked in the vw parts website and nothing is listed. I checked oemepc.com and see nothing listed. I have called several vw shops and they say it is a anti flex bar kit that vw put on some convertibles but not all. They can't tell me what the part name is so I can't seem to find it anywhere. When you Google anti flex bars for a bug you get sway bars. I called my local vw dealer and because of covid they only take appointments now and they charge a one hour shop fee to look at it. Not paying money to the dealer to have them tell me the name of a part.

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
Is this support bar, on the front or rear of the car? Got any local pick/pull, junkyards in your area; that might be the easiest, way to get one? I don't know where you live; rust looks like a issue for you, so I don't know, if used parts would be rusted out the same way, as well?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts