NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boogety Boogety
413 Posts
Does anyone have any info on getting under dash lights on my 2008 beetle?
You mean like "mood" lights? Just to light up the footwells? Just get whatever kind of low-power LED lights you want, wire through dash-lights' rheostat for easy access, so you can turn on and dim them with the dash, attach as applicable where you want them, done. :D

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Borrowed from Darwin

On the older beetles under the switch panel there is a little red light that seems to give some ''mood lighting'' I wanted this to be brighter so ..

to .....

:)

·
1,255 Posts
For even a brighter light

I used three high brightness red (or color of choice) 3mm leds wired in series with a 470 or 510 Ohm resistor. The led's will require the tops to be flattened just a little to fit into the white plastic lens

Attachments

·
volks r cool
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I'am talking about blug & Duffy...but...I have a 2008 and I dont have tht little recepatacle...My 999 bug but not this one...I could sure use a little light under instrument panel( Heater /air controls)

·
1,255 Posts
Get a light from your local salvage yard. Be sure to get the connector too. Connect to the dimmer circuit for control. Using the three LED's sure does light up center under dash area.

While you are there at the salvage yard, get the cabin air filter parts, the under dash drivers side foot well panel and mounting posts (2 ea) and the three screws. These are easy mods.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Or Autozone have two wired leds that plug into lighter, and glue underdash
I like to see a plug n play underdash light that plugs into our cig lighter (the front one under the dash) with a rechargeable battery. So after parking and pulling out the ignition key, the light would work for about 10 minutes before turning off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts