NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
New to New Beetle
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if this is normal, Under hard acceleration my brake light in the dash will come on I'll hear beeping and it starts flashing is this normal?

Also I hear a pop from the rear when I shift out of 3rd, sometimes 4th, Not sure if it's gas detonating in the exhaust but I'd like to know..

·
my turbo is bigger!!!!!!!
502 Posts
heh thats not good... and do u have an aftermarket exhaust??? sometimes tehy pop... mine allways poped... all i can say for the light is get it checked

·
New to New Beetle
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's just a muffler though, pops when shifting from 3rd to 4th, what do you make of the brake light thing going on?? It never comes on any other time it just starts flashing and beeping once I'm getting on it really hard and usually with the ASR switch off other then that I can drive around normally without hearing the pop or seeing the brake light.

Guess I could get it checked, but I really don't want to haul it down to a dealer.

·
SgtBeetle
63 Posts
The ASR uses your ABS to contol it, I would bet that has something to do with it. Do you have any of the other traction contol stuff? Check your brake fluid, maybe a an ABS sensor? Try it with the ASR on/off, see what happens. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts