NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love this car, even tho I rarely drive it these days. It mostly just sits in the parking lot, waiting to leap into action.

Performance mods....

GIAC 1-Bar ECU chip
4 Bar FPR
ABD lower intercooler pipe
Eibach Pro-System suspension kit
Brullen 2 1/2" downpipe and highflow cat
Magnaflow catback
GFB Hybrid BOV
Neuspeed 28mm rear anti-sway bar
Turbo S vented fender liner
Dieselgeek short shifter

Other stuff....
TT Pedal Set w/dead pedal
Front and back Euro Emblems
S2000 stubby antenna
Racing Hart C5 18" 3-piece wheels
Crooked hoop spoiler

Attachments

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride my mountain bike pretty much everywhere, which has been an adventure and nearly gotten me killed. As a result, my car gets to take it easy for the most part. Less miles now = more miles to enjoy later.

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
Scratchy! There he is! :kiss:

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drive a lot more these days, now that I live in Dallas and work in Mesquite. I still have the same tires that are in this picture from 2002, but I need to get new tires soon.

All the pictures are gone, so I wanted to add one...I forgot about some of those mods. No wonder my Beetle is so sweet!

Love this car. Had to show some ruffian in an old Eclipse what it was all about just the other day. :)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is @ 81K now, which is not bad for a 2000, but it is getting up there. It needs the 80K service and new tires and the check engine light is on, even after cleaning the MAF.

I'm worried that it'll start to fall apart on me now, so I'm toying with the idea of selling it and getting a Mini-Cooper S Convertible or the new V-6 Camero, but I really love this car. It is so fun to drive with all the mods that I can't quite bring myself to sell it. Not yet, anyway.

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
Whoa! I have not seen you in a long time! :p

Yeah, I know, surprising that I am still here? :lol:

I understand the pang for the Coop, but you know you'd miss Scratchy. :wink: (Trust me on this one. :eek: )

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally decided to hold onto my beetle for at least a couple more years, and see how things are going @ 100,000 miles. I think I might get some new seats, maybe from a GTi or something. Dunno if you can even do that but it seems reasonable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts