NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Hello everyone,

My name is Ayo and I am a proud owner of an Indra Blue 2004 beetle cabriolet. I am carrying out a research at university about the beetle craze. I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few moments and answer the question below.Additionally please feel free to offer more in-depth views on this topic.

Is the sunflower in the new beetle a marketing gimmick? Yes or No.

Huge thanks in advance.

Ayo Osideinde :)
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I'd say no, it's not really an advertised item. The bud vase itself, however, was put in the car due to the demands of the consumers who saw it in the Concept 1 show car.

-Des

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your comment, is there anyone else there who would like to offer their opnion.

Ayo Osideinde

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
I don't know what you mean by sunflower. Are you saying you had one in the bud vase when you got your car? I had a sprig of pink roses in mine.Now I change them with the seasons, or holiday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok maybe I should rephrase the question,:)

Is the bud vase in the new beetle a marketing gimmick? Yes or No.

Additionally does anyone know who thought of the idea originally or where I can find this information out.

Regards
Ayo
:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
DEF a gimmick but a fun one! The old beetles had them as an option but I'm not sure what year it started.Does that help?

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I think it is a marketing gimmick. They do sell the plush VW daiseys, which they pitched to sell me when I bought my car. I opted for my own silk flower, and later an iPod shuffle.

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
I agree - gimmick.
I also agree - a fun one! It gives the car personality and allows you to kinda dress it up however you want. I never bought those plush daisies, I put my own festive piece in it. I'm about to switch out my xmas decoration and put in something else I think

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this true

Hi Guys,

just got told that the New New Beetle's don't come with a bud vase in the states as there has been personal injury claims after accidents due to laserations to hand and wrists after accidents!

Is this true :confused:

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
teesix said:
Ok maybe I should rephrase the question,:)

Is the bud vase in the new beetle a marketing gimmick? Yes or No.

Additionally does anyone know who thought of the idea originally or where I can find this information out.

The concept behind the bud vase stems back to the early Beetles. The German people used thier car as an extension of their homes. So in order for it to feel more like home, they put a small vase to hold flowers on the dash. They also put pillows and blankets across the back seat to give a welcome feeling, and to give the impression of a small couch.

Marketing Gimmick? Yes, but it's rooted in old German tradition.

·
Go Sox!
82 Posts
teesix said:
Hi Guys,

just got told that the New New Beetle's don't come with a bud vase in the states as there has been personal injury claims after accidents due to laserations to hand and wrists after accidents!

Is this true :confused:
I just picked up an '06 on December 9, which included a bud vase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts