NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Now back in a Beetle!
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be appropriate to make a new thread here;for our friends & family that have loved ones in the path of the hurricane & have concerns for their safety & are genuinely worried about them.Please go ahead & post their names & location here & we'll make it our prayer list.Ok I'll start:
My wife's older brother Donnie,along with his wife & 2 girls who live in Glencove on the north coast of Long Island;I sure hope they took precautions because the radar doesn't loook too good for that area.Feel free to express your thoughts,worries,feelings & prayers here;we will all pray over it.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Hubby and I sure picked a perfect time of year to go visit home! We were on Long Island the day before Sandy hit and drove to the Poconos and weathered her there. Lots of damage and people without out power for days but nothing compared to what the people of Long Island and NJ had to deal with. We drove back to Long Island the following weekend. Flooding and destroyed homes and gas shortages. It was horrible to see. I'm happy to say, though, that none of my friends or family dealt with anything worse than a power outage and some minor home damage. And Aidan got to see his first snow on Long Island! The one good thing about Sandy (for me) was that a lot of my family and friends didn't have to go to work because of her so we got to spend more time with them than we thought we would be able to. :)
Ironic...we leave Florida to visit family up north and get to deal with a hurricane. :rolleyes:

·
Now back in a Beetle!
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id glad your family was OK Amy;my wife's family down in LI had a large hole in their roof & their storage shed smashed to bits,but everyone was OK & the roof was repaired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts