VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My wife has a 2005 beetle (which she loves!)

20210108_222206.jpg

For her birthday i upgraded her stereo from the pioneer previous installed to the Kenwood one below.

STERO2.PNG

STEREO1.PNG

Problems i am having though is when the ignition is turned off the stereo will restart (for want of a better word), so for instance if a CD was on track 12, you'd turn the ignition on and it will go back to standby mode and when you choose cd its back to track 1.

Also the aerial antenna is too short to be inserted into the unit itself, i'm sure that's easy enough with an off the shelf part/extension, just thought i'd ask to be pointed in the right direction first, although this is less of an issue than it restarting, she is loving having her spotify going.

Thank you for your time

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did it do this with the other radio? Sounds like you may not have the memory wire connected to an all time 12v. Source. Does everything reset? Like the clock, radio stations. When I replaced the HU in my 2015, I used the adapter harness but I had to run a new ground and a hot. For some reason I couldn't get the factory hots to work for me. I know which wire's they are, and even used a mm to be sure. I don't know if the car knows that it's not factory and does something to those sources or not. I ran a new ground just because the factory one was a small wire. It was just easier to run a new wire than to try and figure out the factory wire's for the 12v hots. I know which wire's they are on the factory harness, but it was easier to just run new and less of a headache. I'm not sure on the NB, but I had to have a special antenna adapter for mine to connect to the factory antenna.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts