Kamei Black Eyelids
Double Cat back Exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some more info:)

Turbo S was only made in the US. There are only few in Europe (imports from US)..
This one (according to the VW dealer from which I bought it) was made before the premier of the Turbo S in the US for one of the VW Germany directors. Thus the interior is cream, and has also additional stuff not on VW’s usual offer – for example electric-memory seats..

I also think the engine has been tuned up.. cause its fast.. I did a top speed of 230km/h with still some power left.. (so far I had no opportunity to time it on ¼ m or any other distanceL ) and whenever I want to start fast, there is huge over steering and wheel spinning..

It lacks on the other hand some of the Turbo S badges, and inside details – the gear knob shows only 5gears, like in the normal manual 5 gearbox, one, the 6th is hiddenJ

Is it true that in the Turbo S the back spoiler opens at about 30or40 mph? Mine opens at around 85mph, and closes at 80mph..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plates

I am from Poland.. but I live in Wien/vienna.. I have not changed the plates cause the taxes, registretion are much cheaper and easier to get in Poland:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New Winter Photos:)

I am going back to Vienna and my summer wheels are staying..:(

New black metal rims and winter tires are on..:p

PS.

I wanted to replace the summer 17'' rims with some metal 15''s from my garage but they were too small.. at the end I had to order new 16'' wheels (additional $600 for the whole set with tires:mad: not mentioning $120 for the O2 sensor/Lambda).

But we dont want to drive around with yellow light on the dashboard and almost slik tires in winter:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Your car is nice, but it's not a Turbo S.

Your car lacks the rear TS bumper (making me think yours was done after production).

It also lacks the aluminum steering wheel, handles and shift knob.

Also, europe has it's own version of the Turbo S, called the V5 sport edition.

SMG

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe you are right...

You may be right.. I am still not sure what it is exactly..:D

I have mentioned some of this before.. but I am finding out new things about the bug each day:)

it was made before the production of Turbo S in the states..
Turbo S - 2002, mine 2001 production - Wolfsburg technical development, reg. 2002 Feb.. (thats what the service book says.. )

The front and the back of the two - Turbo S or European V5 Sport- is same.. mine..??? hm.. neither of those.. none of the European beetle has the small square lic. plate at the back.. and none of the US Turbo S has such a rear bumber and exhaust like that..

also the interior and spcification is different than V5 Sport edition.. cream leather electric seats - (As I am aware none of the bugs has electric memory seats, but they have exactly the same design as the Turbo S), the back miror changes according to the light intensity, if switched on, and has two red light at the bottom - infrared car protection system (wasnt that introduced in the 2005?)..

As you mentioned It also lacks the aluminum steering wheel, handles and shift knob - the shift knob shows only 5 gears but it has six, the stearing wheel is custom leather the same as on the gear knob.. even the front and the rear VW badge as well as the cup-holderd are different than other 2001-2002 Bugs..

All of these things are different than both in the Turbo S and the V5 Sport Edition.. making it sort of a mix..

I think that the car is some kind of a VW experiment, or special order.. but who knows..??? :)

I hope to find it out one day.. and appreciate all comments that can help me out..:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Perforated leather shift boot, painted window sills, Audi-like armrest, autodimming (anti-dazzle) mirror... wow... :D

Nice mix. :)

-Des

·
Above average
510 Posts
Yeah, I know how sad it is putting winter tires on your New Beetle. I installed my winterpackage today and believe me it looks :scared:

Can't wait for Spring....

Have a nice weekend

Marc & Limoni

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Seat memory? :eek: Only in my dreams! :(

My Turbo S has a six-speed gear shift. And dimpled accents. Delta X wheels. A different rear bumper. But no seat memory..... :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts