NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The site is functional today. The specs are available, as well. Ground clearance is up to 5.7 inches.

·
VAG, it's a lifestyle...
47 Posts
Damn, they didn't bring over the cool "baby moon steelie" look alloys......Germans get all the cool stuff.....

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Does anyone here have any idea of how the TDI models will be priced? I'm noticing that diesel fuel here in Wisconsin is currently only 10 cents a gallon higher than 87 gas. If this were to remain constant, the TDI would be a great deal, provided it's no more than a couple grand over the 2.5.

The thing that still scares me, though, is how volatile diesel prices have historically been. Sometimes, it's just a few cents higher (as it is now), then a couple of months later it's as much as a dollar higher!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would go to the Golf configurator page and check the price difference between the 2.5 and TDI.

Without doing a comparison of the options for each combination of engine type, # of doors, and transmission, the TDI upcharge ranges from 4 to 6 thousand.

This seems higher than when I bought my TDI New Beetle. I recall about a $2000 difference. But then again that was 10 years ago. I think I still have the window sticker. I may just check.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I just did what you suggested. The Jetta is 5K higher while the Golf is a whopping 7K higher. Needless to say, my thoughts of going to diesel were short-lived. A bunch of people at Roswell tried to talk me into a TDI 2012 Beetle, but not at that price difference! Now I could see paying 25-26K for a diesel Beetle and having the fuel go up to 5 bucks a gallon. No thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts