NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
USC School of Dentistry!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a hard and rough battle but I guess the USC dynasty had to come to an end some day. It was complete chaos with USC fans while watching the game on the USC campus tonight! Congrats to Texas but USC will Fight On!

Attachments

·
USC School of Dentistry!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like hockey too...especially the fights. I'd go to a USC hockey game if they had a team, but for now I'll go to Kings games.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Texas vs USC

So glad Vince Young and the guys nocked that CHIP off the Trojans shoulders. There were getting a bit cocky!

YEAH TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
ProRally Champ
171 Posts
deeceedub said:
Since I'm a true-maroon Texas Aggie, it goes against every fiber of my being to root for UT...but I had to last night.

That's just the way a national championship game should be...as close as possible and not determined until the last seconds of the game. Fun to watch!
My sentiments exactly other than I bleed OSU orange and love razzing OU Sooner fans (good naturedly of course) more than just about anything, but you gotta be proud when a Big-12 team not only claims an undisputed national football championship but knocks off what looked to be a dynasty in the making - in their own back yard!! Too bad the Heisman isn't awarded after ALL a season's football games are played because the exhibition of skills displayed by Vince Young certainly earned him one last night!

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
Hook 'em

That was a truly awesome game, eventhough I knew what the result was going to be ahead of time ;)

·
Diesel Inside
359 Posts
I'm a longhorn...but besides the fact that they won...that was the best football game I have ever seen. Great performances from a bunch of people on all sides of the ball for both teams. It was just perfect. Finally a game that lived up to the hype.

And I appreciate the views of some Big 12 people here...that's great. I always root for the Big 12 when they aren't playing Texas...it's better for everyone all around. Attracts better players and makes all the teams more competitive.

Anyway...congrats Horns. I'm wondering what we are going to be like next year without Vince Young. He'd be an idiot not to go to the NFL now, his stock is SOOOO high. Hook em!

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Mad Mike said:
Too bad the Heisman isn't awarded after ALL a season's football games are played because the exhibition of skills displayed by Vince Young certainly earned him one last night!

Yes, he played an unbelievable game last night! But lol, I think Aggies everywhere are hoping he'll go ahead and turn pro...:goodjob:

·
I Luv CGB!!!
2,128 Posts
I can't say I loved the game since my beloved Trojans lost. But it was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. The game could have went either way. Those young men played their hearts out. Vince Young was simply awesome!! But I'm still proud of USC. Congrats to the Longhorns!!!!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm a Texas Tech fan but I was for Texas last night. Awesome game. Those last 90 seconds were great! This is the way the championship should be decided.

·
USC School of Dentistry!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
deeceedub said:
Yes, he played an unbelievable game last night! But lol, I think Aggies everywhere are hoping he'll go ahead and turn pro...:goodjob:
My guess is Vince will turn pro. He's done it all and it can't get much better than last night. That man's performance is something you tell your grandchildren about!

·
ProRally Champ
171 Posts
SoCalTurboS said:
My guess is Vince will turn pro. He's done it all and it can't get much better than last night. That man's performance is something you tell your grandchildren about!
Well, Vince has yet to win the Heisman ...

A column in the Sunday Tulsa World mentioned that Big-12 coaches (and others) keen to see Vince go Pro should venture to a Houston church since the Rose Bowl MVP two years running plans to seek and heed the advice of his pastor down there.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
According to the news I am watching right now, he did make himself available to the NFL.

For, $20M................I'd quit school, too!

·
I bleed Burnt Orange!
687 Posts
Yes, Vince did announce today that he will turn pro.

There is a collective moan here tonight, but of course we all wish him well.

Well, we have two very good (albeit freshmen) quarterbacks waiting in the wings for their time to play. If we make it back to the national championship again, then we know we are looking at a real dynasty. One built on recruiting and coaching, rather than the back of a single player.

Good luck to Vince.

Hook 'em

1 - 18 of 18 Posts