NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been to Australia, Austria, France, Spain, Florida, L.A. , New Zealand, Singapore, Bangkok, Wales, Scotland, Egypt..

Going to Barcelona in 2 weeks and wondered if anyone else had been. Able to recommend anything worth seeing there ?

Finland in December, same question. Anywhere worth going to away from the normal touristy places.?

:)

Sent from my HTC

·
Mambo King
258 Posts
I think Peru is worth looking into. I was born in Peru but raised in the States, didn't travel back until a few years back and found it to be very modern and "gringo" friendly. Will go back possibly next year, Miraflores is a town in which one feels the same comforts as the US and more for the money you spent...
Food is great, people very humble are willing to help you...good luck

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I'd recommend Nova Scotia. A lot of Americans spend their summers here. Tons of natural beauty, interesting places, friendly down to earth people and awesome fresh seafood anywhere you go. You could definitely make a week of the province.

Edit: Yes I'm a bit biased but I used to work in a Souvenir shop in Yarmouth at the southern tip of NS and I talked to hundreds of people from all over the world and they all seemed to be having a great vacation and most said they'd definitely be coming back some day

·
Registered
424 Posts
Las Ramblas in Barcelona is awesome.

Ive also been to Rota and Barcelona in spain. Toulon, France. Wilhelmshaven, Germany. Southhampton, England. Antalya, Turkey. Naples, Italy. Souda Bay, Crete. Augusta Bay, Sicily. Limassol, Cypress. Malta. Bahrain. Jebel Ali and Dubai in U.A.E. Seychelles. Singapore. Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. Brunei. Yokosuka and Sendai in Japan. Okinawa. Guam. American Samoa. Tahiti. Palau. Puerto Rico. Saint Maarten. Saint John. Aruba. Bermuda. Da Nang, Vietnam. Puerto Princessa, Philippines. South Korea. Hong Kong. Phuket and Pattaya Beach in Thailand. Oman. And I even stopped briefly at the Al Basra Oil Terminal off the coast of Iraq and Iran.

Gotta love the Navy. Ive been stationed in Jacksonville, Florida, Colorado Springs, Colorado and Pearl Harbor, Hawaii...:)

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
That fresh local seafood sounds like a real selling point :D Is it usually prepared broiled or fried in NS?
Depends! You can find tons of traditional places cooking the old fashioned way. Clams are almost always deep fried and the mussels are boiled.

You can find pretty much anything else prepared several different ways.

Damn now I'm thinking about that stuff instead of turkey... Thanks!:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts