VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year, engine and trans; is the car in question? Maybe a non USA spec new beetle; with a 1.4L or 1.6L?
It is a 2004 Convertible 2.0L with 6 speed auto transmission.

Everything from the diagram seems to be connected.
It is a short piece around 4-5" and originate from lover intake.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
That is one odd looking 2.0L engine; I haven't seen one like that before.

I don't know about where the vacuum hose could go. From the looks of the picture; it could connect to the intake manifold somewhere? :confused:

Where are you from? Canada?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That is one odd looking 2.0L engine; I haven't seen one like that before.

I don't know about where the vacuum hose could go. From the looks of the picture; it could connect to the intake manifold somewhere? :confused:

Where are you from? Canada?

No I'm from US.

It looks like it is the part no 10 from the first picture...

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Do those hose and intake manifold diagrams help? I am having a hard time; figuring out where the hose is, based on your pics. Being unfamiliar with that particularly oddball BGD 2.0L; I cannot say but I guess, if someone with the same engine could take a look for you and post a picture or tell us where it goes? Hopefully someone will chime in soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Do those hose and intake manifold diagrams help? I am having a hard time; figuring out where the hose is, based on your pics. Being unfamiliar with that particularly oddball BGD 2.0L; I cannot say but I guess, if someone with the same engine could take a look for you and post a picture or tell us where it goes? Hopefully someone will chime in soon!
That is what I was hopping ... but those picture may have a answer... It is very close to the no 10 but it is not because I already have that hose connected to Intake manifold change-over valve

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge hooked up?

I believe from the pictures it goes on the fitting where the white tubing is connected. That White tubing is not stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have a boost gauge hooked up?

I believe from the pictures it goes on the fitting where the white tubing is connected. That White tubing is not stock.
No I don't have a boost gauge. But I think you are right the hose should go to the valve instead of the white hose. I will exchange that to see what's happening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts