VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2000 GLS 2.0 Beetle. I've been doing a lot of preventative maintenance lately, to prolong the life of my Beetle. My mechanic told me that I need to replace the Rubber Mounts on the Vacuum Air Pump. He said "just the rubber mounts".

My problem is I can't find "just the rubber mounts" online. Maybe I'm not searching/looking for it correctly.

Can someone help me? Can you purchase just the rubber mounts?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

·
Registered
65 Posts
they are available from a number of places-I may have gotten them from partsgeek. In essence they are rubber with a bolt coming out each side. try 'rubber mount bolts' and 'vw air pump' and you may have some success

·
Registered
488 Posts
These fr's are. 16.00 each at VW and you need your vin because they come in two styles, I went to the junkyard and went through bugs, Jettas golfs and audi 's and collected just enough to fix my vac pump, now my other bug needs the other style :(. These are hard to find used because they rot . Piss poor part if you ask me.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Beetle Owner
45 Posts
I used the Dorman branded ones with great success. I can probably get a set inexpensively for you as I work at a shop.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I used the Dorman branded ones with great success. I can probably get a set inexpensively for you as I work at a shop.

How long you have had them installed in your car? Does the Dorman package say where they were made; and have they held up well to daily use/abuse? The original ones are made out of rubber; that deteriorates pretty quickly; are the doorman ones made out of rubber or something else?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Beetle Owner
45 Posts
How long you have had them installed in your car? Does the Dorman package say where they were made; and have they held up well to daily use/abuse? The original ones are made out of rubber; that deteriorates pretty quickly; are the doorman ones made out of rubber or something else?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
About a year now with no tears or cracks, it does not say where they are made unfortunately . They have been on my Beetle which does have a stage 1 rear motor mount which makes it vibrate (alot). I think they are still rubber.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all, thanks for the replies. Sorry it took me so long to log in and reply. I will check out the Dorman air pump mounts and get them. Thanks again to everyone! So glad I found this forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts