NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 2000 bug 1.8t last week. I was wondering why it was lil sluggish. well I cleaned the MAF sensor and the throttle body and switch. installed a forge DV and open airfilter. cleaned the hockey puck. as to be doing that VWHELLA!

[/URL][/IMG]

cracked vacuum line on manifold. Now full power is restored.

anyone know of any other things I should look for for power loss? I had a 1.8t back in 01 but dont remember much about them anymore.

thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I found the same hose laying next to the fitting (unplugged) this past weekend. It was throwing all kinds of codes. PO hadn't pushed it all the way back on fitting. Sure runs more smoothly hooked up.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
sensor

there is a Turbo boost sensor I believe in the intercooler area I have not cleaned mine but have read about it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You might have more vacuum leaks. I gave a big hurrah when I found a nice big slash like that on a hose... Couple weeks later BAM found another one.. and then BAM another.... On some of the larger hoses, and I just replaced all of the smaller ones on the top of the engine by getting some odd feet of replacement hose and cutting it to size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I am good now. Gonna check more this weekend after I do the dogmount. And install my Boost gauge. See if it shows me if there are any leaks. But I think the PO wanted to get rid of it thinking it was starting to go power wise. My gain now for the price I picked it up for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts