NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out there know how to use the vag-com tool/laptop to troubleshoot the Oxygen O2 sensors in the Catalytic converter to see if they are bad.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
I know in the measuring blocks you can monitor them while they work and see if they are working properly. Not sure on other troubleshooting or what the values should be.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Try setting the readiness for the O2s and CAT.

Basic Settings, group 034, 036 and sometimes 037 will test the O2 sensors. Group 046 will test the cat. These will be done at a raised RPM. Some cars you have to manually hold the accelerator pedal to maintain RPMs in the needed range (which can vary depending on the engine code). Other cars you may just need to step on the brake and full accelerator pedal and the RPMs will increase to a preset level.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vag-com

Try setting the readiness for the O2s and CAT.

Basic Settings, group 034, 036 and sometimes 037 will test the O2 sensors. Group 046 will test the cat. These will be done at a raised RPM. Some cars you have to manually hold the accelerator pedal to maintain RPMs in the needed range (which can vary depending on the engine code). Other cars you may just need to step on the brake and full accelerator pedal and the RPMs will increase to a preset level.
THANKS I will try to do that this weekend. I don't think my car falls under the 100k/10year Catalytic recall, mine has 152k miles.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
recall on catalytic

I did go to the VW web site and it said no recalls on my vin #, I didn't think it would qualify for any recalls cause it already has 152k miles and 8 yr old.

thanks though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts