NewBeetle.org Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just wanted to thank all for the great guide on how to do this. I was a little apprehensive about breaking the plastic clips on our car, so I went to the local pick n pull and ripped out a headliner there for $25. With the shell already out, I took it to an auto upholstery shop and they charged me $120 to redo the light gray (sorry, nothing exotic here). Since I was already familiar with the process for removal from experimenting at the pick n pull, I was able to replace the headliner without any problems or issues. Now I'm think I'm going to try to sell my old headliner for a few bucks on CL. Thanks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2005 NB headliner

My headliner and door panels are coming loose. I am going to try this myself and do all at the same time. I am glad I found this link. I may go exotic as others have and not use gray material to replace mine. Since mine is Cyber Green I may find a similar color and do that.

I did think of getting one from a junkyard and just replace mine. I will see what I will do this month. Mine has just started and getting the extra door panels might come in handy when the handles break, as I know they will.

·
Bug lover from way back
24 Posts
I went out to look at my headliner and i think i can figure out how to take it off except for the rearview mirror? I am afraid i will break it. I could find the clips and screws to remove the other stuff but couldn't find any break in the rearview mirror.

·
Bug lover from way back
24 Posts
Thank you for your DIY instructions on how to do the headliner!! It is awesome with all the pictures. I am going to start working on the headliner in my car soon. I have figured out where to get the fabric and youtubed how to clean it and put the foam fabric back on but getting all the stuff unhooked and getting the headliner OUT to clean and fix it was the hardest part. I feel a LOT better about doing it now. You made it look so easy. I am sure it will not be as easy for me but at least i feel i know what to do now.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts