NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend recently bought a white 2001 1.8L turbo, anyhow as you all know valentine's day is coming up and what better way to say "I love you" than to get something for her beetle. I was thinking either getting her windows tinted, or HIDs. I’m new to the threads and don't really know what's available for her car...any other suggestions?

·
old school
500 Posts
A rose or two for the bud vase.

:hugkiss:

Tint is always nice.
I've read that real HID's will set you back
200+ dollars.
You could upgrade to the halogen SilverStar's though.
Not real HID lights but a definite improvement.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Tint first. It will make a huge difference, more beautiful! (Make sure it's a legal tinting, check your local laws. A good tint shop will know)

A nice, live red rose in the bud vase. How romantic is that? ;)

Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Can you get a sign shop to make some magnetic or low-stick hearts? A white NB covered with different sizes of hearts would really shine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I’ve been "tuning" my car for a few years now so I’m not a newbie to the scene, I am however a newbie to beetles in general. But thanks for the warm welcome, I pretty much joined the site because I’m going to be doing most if not all the work on my gf's beetle (I like DIY jobs). And back to the valentine surprise I was thinking of doing more visual upgrades rather than performance right now. As of now I’m leaning more towards the HID's than the tint. The rose idea: I’m already having sent a bouquet of roses to her work on the 14th. So all bases are pretty much covered, just figuring what could be the grand finale. Thanks for the input guys!

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
my_girls_beetle said:
Well I’ve been "tuning" my car for a few years now so I’m not a newbie to the scene, I am however a newbie to beetles in general. But thanks for the warm welcome, I pretty much joined the site because I’m going to be doing most if not all the work on my gf's beetle (I like DIY jobs). And back to the valentine surprise I was thinking of doing more visual upgrades rather than performance right now. As of now I’m leaning more towards the HID's than the tint. The rose idea: I’m already having sent a bouquet of roses to her work on the 14th. So all bases are pretty much covered, just figuring what could be the grand finale. Thanks for the input guys!

if you do go tint, make sure that the shop has done beetles before and they can do the back window all in one piece. it's so big and weird that some shops use 2 sheets and theres a nasty seam in the middle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
manoverboard987 said:
if you do go tint, make sure that the shop has done beetles before and they can do the back window all in one piece. it's so big and weird that some shops use 2 sheets and theres a nasty seam in the middle.
wow i didn't know that, i'll keep that in mind. thanks

·
I love my family!
2,887 Posts
manoverboard987 said:
I have a dagnasty seam in the middle of my back window. You don't want it. If they can't do one piece, go elsewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well since i have about a day, along with the flowers and other odds and ends i have for her. i decided to give her a card giving her options on the grand finale of gifts. kinda cheesy but like i said i'm running out of time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts