NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know how the valet keylock on the inside of the door next to the fuel door switch and boot open switch , what does it isolate when it's switched thanks guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's my daughters car and boot won't open from switch or fob she said she might have turned the key switch a few time so is there symbols for locked / unlocked

·
Registered
758 Posts
It's my daughters car and boot won't open from switch or fob she said she might have turned the key switch a few time so is there symbols for locked / unlocked
The switch on the driver's door for the trunk only works when the lock next to it is in the "unlocked" position.

If that doesn't work, the next thing to try would be the manual release for the trunk, which you have to get to by sticking your arm through the pass-through in the seat-back of the back seat. How to do this should be in the manual. If you don't have one, you should be able to Google how to do this. I'd try this for a search string: "new beetle convertible manual trunk release"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I got in thre boot ok I'm just trying to find out why the blip per and the door switch won't open it .
The actuator is working when I put 12 volts directly to it , and it's just a thought that she maybe messed with the switch I don't have access to the car until she come s over next , just doing some groundwork

1 - 6 of 6 Posts