NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo sadly it appears vandals got in my 2000 Beetle and broke off the fold up mirror on the drivers side sun visor...this making the visor think the mirror is open and the light is perpetually on. Anyone know the # for the fuse for that interior light? I’m hoping I can take out the fuse for now.

Just a brief search seems like the entire sun visor can be bought but I really need only the mirror if anyone has an idea who might sell the mirror for the visor? Thanks ya’ll!!!! Or any other suggestion about getting that visor light off.😎

·
Registered
69 Posts
I looked at a wiring diagram for the courtesy light system. The fuses are all connected to the comfort system central control module. If you remove the fuses used for the makeup light it will disable other stuff inside the car such as being able to lock the car and many other things. I would carefully remove the plastic and remove the bulb until you have the part you need so it isn't driving you crazy. For the part I would just go to a junkyard and take a visor/mirror and anything else you might need.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at a wiring diagram for the courtesy light system. The fuses are all connected to the comfort system central control module. If you remove the fuses used for the makeup light it will disable other stuff inside the car such as being able to lock the car and many other things. I would carefully remove the plastic and remove the bulb until you have the part you need so it isn't driving you crazy. For the part I would just go to a junkyard and take a visor/mirror and anything else you might need.
Thanks for looking! I was afraid that would be the situation. The light does not bother me but it is bothering my battery. If I just take the bulb out would that keep it from pulling electricity? Seems it would hat about disconnecting or unplugging the visor? The light is in embedded in the foam in the ceiling upholstery.....then the sun visor has a mirror that swings open or closed on hinges and the light reacts as on or off. Just wondering if it’s easy to disconnect the wiring to the visor mirror.? If anyone has done it on a 2000 or compatible let me know. I will pull out the bulb now. If anyone has any other ideas to disrupt it Let me know.....thanks Beetle folks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I haven't replaced that part before. Removing the bulb will cause the circuit to become open and not pull any power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sooooo sadly it appears vandals got in my 2000 Beetle and broke off the fold up mirror on the drivers side sun visor...this making the visor think the mirror is open and the light is perpetually on. Anyone know the # for the fuse for that interior light? I’m hoping I can take out the fuse for now.

Just a brief search seems like the entire sun visor can be bought but I really need only the mirror if anyone has an idea who might sell the mirror for the visor? Thanks ya’ll!!!! Or any other suggestion about getting that visor light off.😎
Unplug the cable going to the light by unscrewing the bracket; otherwise you will drain the battery and you won't know why.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for looking! I was afraid that would be the situation. The light does not bother me but it is bothering my battery. If I just take the bulb out would that keep it from pulling electricity? Seems it would hat about disconnecting or unplugging the visor? The light is in embedded in the foam in the ceiling upholstery.....then the sun visor has a mirror that swings open or closed on hinges and the light reacts as on or off. Just wondering if it’s easy to disconnect the wiring to the visor mirror.? If anyone has done it on a 2000 or compatible let me know. I will pull out the bulb now. If anyone has any other ideas to disrupt it Let me know.....thanks Beetle folks!
Tricky switch on my 2000....if you don't turn it off, it will stay on and, drain the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts