VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Beetle Convertible
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I have an 07 beetle convertible that slips between 2-3 and 4-5. Occurs only when hot. Regular D mode or tiptronic mode, doesn’t matter, same issue. I’m thinking the valve body is shot because I don’t think the previous owner cared for maintenance. I have a reman valve body on the way along with the blauparts fluid change kit. While I wait for that stuff to come in the mail, I scanned the car with my vcds and found a code p0735 for the 5th incorrect ratio which I expected, although wrong gear. Attached are some screenshots I took while the car was running. I’m not sure what these values should be, can anyone take a look and see if something is out of whack?

·
Registered
2007 Beetle Convertible
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if there is a cost effective way to rebuild the valve body to basically keep one as a spare in case the reman one I’m getting goes out. Like what causes the solenoids to get stuck?

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
I think, the good rebuilders; use engineering updates, install shift kits from trans suppliers like RevMax and Transgo, that actually re-engineer inherent flaws that were in the original design. Once, the updates are done and new parts installed; the assumption, would be it should last and work correctly, for the typical remaining service life, of the internals in the transmission. Keep in mind, these type of VW, Aisin sourced transmissions; are known, for failing and are not be as durable, as most automatics, in other cars.

So, far: I don't think; we have heard of anyone, having to replaced their valve body multiple times, if they sourced their remanufactured valve body from legit valve body rebuilder. We have heard, of members; installing cheap $100 "rebuilt" ebay sourced valve bodies and they didn't end up working correctly, out of the box or fail shortly, after installation. I would speculate, that you may have other problems; before, a remanufactured valve body would fail but you never know.

The type of questions you have, would probably; be best answered, by a quality professional rebuilder like SunBelt and see how long, they estimate a rebuilt valve body would last? Give them a call and see, what they have to say?

We have had good feedback from these guys; they offer a substantial warranty, simulated real driving condition dyno, bench test their valve bodies on a transmission testing machine and even have a money back guarantee!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts