NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some new pics today ... Even though it was about -10 this morning, decided to wash her in the driveway. Whatever part of her was in the shade started to freeze right away, lol ... had to drive her around in the sun to help her thaw out ... :)

Took pics in Hamilton near the Mountain Brow overlooking downtown Hamilton.

·
Super Moderator
14,710 Posts
Can't wait until the glamour shots are of a New Beetle! :lol:

(We Love People Who Love New Beetles, no worries. :wink: )

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol !!! Thanks :)

One day I want to drive a NB Vert (summer driving only) ...
Hopefully in a few years when this V is paid off, I'll get a gently used Vert for summer time driving, and the V will be the winter driver :D

I really do love the bugs ... A co-worker just purchased one actually :D

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look at what I did all by myself :)

I have been wanting to do this for a very long time. I bought the 3M adhesive back in 2009 and just bought fabric today.
I think I have enough left for the doors but for today I did the trunk tray :D It looks so much nicer than all black in there.

The glue needed:

Measure the fabric needed:

Spray the area and let the spray sit for a minute or so until it is 'tacky':

You'll have to poke a hole for the string to go through, and re-tye it under neath:

The finished product (before going back in the car):

In the car :D

View from outside glass:

View from back seat:

And a back seat view of my led's (they are brighter in person):

And a new pink sparkly front license plate frame/cover :D I finally got rid of the front dealer frame.

Next will be the doors :D

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My HK Versa is almost complete

Gave her a really good cleaning yesterday, here are a few pics taken this morning on the Mountain Brow (before heading to work). Tomorrow I am going to use the QUIK Detailer spray on her. Yesterday was a wash and rubbing compound.

While taking these pics I had a man walking by asking me about the car and if it was a special edition (HK edition). :D

My new favourite pic of her:

HK Graphic added to her ... I still have the wording to apply. Not sure if I am going to or not.

HK Badging added:

Playing with the older sister, Miss BMW:

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you :) A lot of work has gone into her. I'm going to wrap my doors in the same floral print, I just haven't found the time to do that.

The HK door decals were made to fit my doors along with the wording "HELLO KITTY" ... I might try to put the wording on this week as she's in a car show this weekend ... I haven't decided yet, lol ...

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really love cleaning my car (and others as well) so I've been practicing my detailing skills on my brother's vehicles. So far I've detailed his BMW, and his wife's Jeep. Next of his to be detailed is his Mazda Protege 5.

Here's a few pics:

BMW BEFORE:

After a wash, clay, wax and interior cleaning:

His Wife's Jeep BEFORE:

After:

Look at the reflection in the paint :D

Next up is the Yellow One:

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you :)

The BMW is definitely a very nice car. It is only driven in the summer, so this was it's first good detail this year. It is a 2005 model BMW. One previous owner had it for a 3 year lease. It has very low mileage and is beautiful. I love the colour of it's interior.

I will definitely post more pics of my Versa ...

Maybe after this week's car show :D

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are a few pictures from our first Versa meet in Toronto. 4 Versa owners arrived, 2 blue and 2 red.

New LED bulbs throughout the interior & license plates:

After she got her wash, clay and wax for the spring:

My new cargo net:

Second Versa Meet:

My detailing supplies:

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, they all look amazing! (Wish I was related to you.) ;)
Well I will detail non relative's vehicles as well in the future, I'm just starting out with relative's cars. The Jeep took me 4.5 hours, and the BMW about 3 hours. Hopefully by word of mouth, their friends or neighbours will want to get it done as well ... I consider it fun, and it's extra $ :D

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you ...

Today I painted the engine cover. Here's the how-to I wrote up for the Versa forums.

You will need 600 wet or dry sand paper, Dupli-colour Engine Paint (whatever colour you choose) and the clear coat.

Step 1: Remove the cover. I also removed the felt underneath the cover, along with all screws.

Step 2: Remove the Nissan logo. The logo is not attached with any adhesive, rather tiny clips; so it should be easy to reinstall back on :)

Step 3: Wash the cover using dish soap. Scrub off any dirt, rinse and repeat. Then I took the sand paper and started to sand it down. Rinsed it once, then re-sanded.

Step 4: Paint the cover. First two coats are light, followed by a third wet coat. Allow 10 minutes to dry after each coat. Fourth coat is the clear coat. The cover will be dry in one hour. After 3 hours it is okay to handle the cover and put it back.

Coat 1:

Coat 2:

Coat 3:

After a clear coat:

*Once mine is fully dry, I will put it in the car and take more pics* :D

1 - 20 of 488 Posts