NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 488 Posts

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
More painting :)

Repainted my calipers today, added a bit of "NISSAN" to em ... and painted the drums. Looks so much better than rust :D

I will post day shots when the car is clean and it's not raining.

The products used:

I also added a clear coat to each caliper and drum.

The decals:

Before:

After: :D

Other side:

Drums:

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
WOW your calipers look fabulous!!! How do the decals hold up on them? I really like that touch! Of course the Hello Kitty stuff is ADORABLE!!! :D
Thank you :)

So far they still look the same. No changes to them or chips. I did spray them with a clear coat this year as I did not last year, and they chipped the first day out on the road. Winter will be the worst for them, but I can always repaint next summer again. I was sent 9 decals and only needed two, so I have tons leftover :D

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I detailed another car yesterday. This time it was a 2002 Mazda Protege. My brother has been the sole owner of this 'fine' vehicle. It has rusted in a lot of places. Over each rear wheel well rust had developed, and beneath the "Protege" badging. The badging was removed, and all rust on the vehicle was removed, sanded down, bondo was applied, primed and painted the factory yellow. Obviously the factory yellow is now brighter than the rest of the car as some parts of the car have faded to a light yellow. However, now that it is clean it looks 100% better and at least there is no rust.

Pics:

BEFORE:

WAX IS ON (DRYING):

AFTER PICS:

A NICE CLEAN INTERIOR:

Look at the shine:

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
christinagray2003 gave me the idea for the following mod I just did ... I still have to 'ice' the rear emblem, but I need to order more stones. I might also order one size bigger to fill in the black spaces below and above 'nissan'. I still have to clean up around each letter, but I'm waiting until the stones are set.

And new shade my brother bought me yesterday :D

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
OMG!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! You did a great job!! I think the black around would look fabulous too!! :D:D:D
Yes, I was thinking of either stoning it with black or the same fuchsia colour. And I might use the 2mm stones I got for my steering wheel emblem ... I think I will need ALOT of patience to do that one, lol!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes, I was thinking of either stoning it with black or the same fuchsia colour. And I might use the 2mm stones I got for my steering wheel emblem ... I think I will need ALOT of patience to do that one, lol!

Yeah the 2mm can be something else, but honestly once you get going it's not bad. Sometimes they are actually easier because they "fit" better if you know what I mean. I usually just sit at the table when it's quiet and zone out a bit when doing it. It's relaxing for me. Then again I have 4 kids!! LOL!!

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeah the 2mm can be something else, but honestly once you get going it's not bad. Sometimes they are actually easier because they "fit" better if you know what I mean. I usually just sit at the table when it's quiet and zone out a bit when doing it. It's relaxing for me. Then again I have 4 kids!! LOL!!
LOL! I know what you mean!

I didn't take my emblem off so I just unfolded a camping chair and sat in front of my car ... I was at the perfect height so it worked out great. The rear emblem is higher so I'll have to work on that one standing up. It is kind of relaxing to do ...

21 - 40 of 488 Posts