NewBeetle.org Forums banner

41 - 60 of 488 Posts

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I finally saw a Versa in person yesterday! OMG they are sooo stinkin' cute!!!! They are much smaller than I thought they were! CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! :D
LOL!

They are small yet big at the same time. It's hard to describe.

When I first bought my Versa, I was used to driving a 2 door Hyundai Accent; so at first the Versa felt like a bus! I had to have my parents tell me how to bring it in the garage. (I honestly felt like it would not fit). Now the car seems really small to me.

It is a cute car .. although I think the Beetle wins top prize for cuteness :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ya know what I think it was, I thought it was more of an SUV than a car, so I expected it to be pretty big. I did a double take when I saw it in the parking lot! It was silver, and not anywhere near as pretty as yours. They really look good in red!!!

P.S. I just painted my engine and battery cover!! :D I can't wait to get it all finished up and iced and put back in! It's going to be cute!!

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ya know what I think it was, I thought it was more of an SUV than a car, so I expected it to be pretty big. I did a double take when I saw it in the parking lot! It was silver, and not anywhere near as pretty as yours. They really look good in red!!!

P.S. I just painted my engine and battery cover!! :D I can't wait to get it all finished up and iced and put back in! It's going to be cute!!
I can't wait to see pics. Did my DIY help you? I hope it did.

I detailed my engine yesterday and boy does it look good :D It feels great driving a car that is all clean (inside and out) ;)

I think of the Versa as a mini version of the Murano. From certain angles the Versa has similar qualities to many of Nissan's SUV's. I'm not a fan of big cars, so the Versa was a perfect size for me. The engine is a 1.8L, but the sedan version comes in a 1.6 (if the individual wants that).

I do love the red colour. I need bright colours in my life, and I've always loved red cars (and that's all my family ever buys). Most of the Versa's you see on the street are the regular S model or SL models. I have the sport package which gives my car different front and rear bumpers, a spoiler, fog lights, and a sunroof. I think it looks better this way ;) LOL

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Here's one of the things I did today ...

Chuckie has been in our family for over 13 years now ... he needs some TLC ... Some therapy would also do him wonders, but one step at a time.

The paint used:

Before:

After being sanded:

Left hub has new paint on. Right hub is original.

Drying:

Close up of the new paint :D

All dry and back on Chuckie:

With his new shoes on:D

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Check out what I did today ALL BY MYSELF :D

I only finished one door as these things take time, lol. But the rest will be finished during my two weeks holidays (which starts tomorrow).

Here's the DIY:

First begin my rolling down the window.

1. Remove the round silver knob near the handle.

I then removed the black rubber piece also (behind the piece removed in step 1).

2. Using a flat head pry off the armrest piece that has the window controls on it.

Once removed disconnect the window switch by pulling on it (white piece).

3. Rear doors have one screw holding it in place. Remove the screw.

Here's the naked door:

4. Now you can measure the fabric and start by trimming it to fit.

I tucked the edges in underneath the leather, and sprayed the area with glue to get tacky.

Glue it all on, trim the edges, stick the door handle piece back on, and now it's ready to go on the door.

Back on the door:

NOTE: I didn't put the silver piece back on yet. I might be painting it a different colour.

·
Registered
302 Posts
OMG!!!! I LOVE it!!! I guess you ARE proud of yourself lady! You should be!!!!! I've been so nervous to tackle the door, but you may just be the inspiration I need to try it myself!! It came out so good! Was it hard to get the fabric to stay stuck?

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
OMG!!!! I LOVE it!!! I guess you ARE proud of yourself lady! You should be!!!!! I've been so nervous to tackle the door, but you may just be the inspiration I need to try it myself!! It came out so good! Was it hard to get the fabric to stay stuck?
Thank you.

I just took my other rear door apart. I figured I'd get both finished before I go away.

Honestly the part that was the WORST to get apart was the window connector. OMG. I think it just took me 20-30 mins to wiggle that piece free. It is stuck on SO tight. GRRR.... :mad:

As for the fabric, the fabric I used is thinner fabric and very stretchy. I didn't remove the old fabric because I still wanted it to be cushiony.

I just spray a coat of the glue on the door panel and then work at a small section at a time to ensure that there are no creases/wrinkles.

I have the same fabric on my trunk cover (cargo cover for the hatch).

When all four are done, I'm going to see if I have spare fabric to glue on the bottom of the cargo tray so that when the hatch is open, you don't see any black pieces.

Don't be afraid to try it. It's a lot of fun (once you get the door apart) ... Mamma mia!

41 - 60 of 488 Posts