VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Convertible beetle with 76,000 miles. I drove it happily over the years n' brought it in for service whenever the book said it's due. But recently I feel very sad coz my beetle is not well like beloved pet found sick. There are 3 problems: battery, oil leak and most costly one is transmission. The VW service depart didn't find these issues at the last service on August! The transmission alone costs $6000 to replace at VW dealer. Yet Kelly Blue Book says my car just worths less than $7000.

I really need help and suggestions for where I should replace the transmission? I really love my beetle and I plan to keep it for a long time. I guess the other option is to change the transmission instead of to a new car. So I want to find a trustworthy place that specializes in VW beetle and its transmission yet more affordable than dealer. I live in San Mateo California. I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,414 Posts
What exactly is going on with the transmission?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies.
It wasn't smooth when shifting. It jerked even wasn't shifting gear but just driving on the road. I brought into VW dealer and really diagnosed problems with transmission that needs to be replaced eventually.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,414 Posts
Might just need a valve body and/or a fluid and filter change. I wouldn't jump into a whole new transmission just yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't know I have options. Thank you for the suggestions. My other concern is I have no idea where to repair it besides dealer. I tried yelp but how to know which one is trustworthy just by looking from rating stars? I don't know where to take it to...

·
5/23/10 <3
11,414 Posts
Where are you located? There might be members here near you who can recommend somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts