NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always here of people talking about watching videos, or tv shows on their PDA / iPod / cell phone, etc. podcasts, too. now, i am a techie, but i have no idea where to get these videos / tv shows, etc. what the heck is a podcast anyway?

where do people get them? are there places to get them free? how much do they cost? i'd love to watch the occasional show on my cell phone (here's assuming it plays vids).

·
Save a horse, ride a....
222 Posts
Got an ipod 30GB for xmas (in black to boot) and would like to know this as well...

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
callisto9 said:
ah, i am starting to get it now. thanks for the link.

i asked this in another thread, but is there a way to export from iTunes to my non-iPod MP3 player?
I don't think so, unless your MP3 player uses iTunes compatible software. iTunes converts files to a different format (should have bought an iPod - just giving you a hard time :D ) The new iPods have the ability to play video now as well.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
larryziegler said:
I don't think so, unless your MP3 player uses iTunes compatible software. iTunes converts files to a different format (should have bought an iPod - just giving you a hard time :D ) The new iPods have the ability to play video now as well.
poo! i have an MP3 player and i have the software that goes with it, but i really like the iTunes software. damn apple and their proprietary carp. poo again! i resist the iPod!

·
pixel pusher
1,059 Posts
larryziegler said:
While this is kinda true (itunes defaults to convert to AAC) a quick flick of the prefs will allow you to rip to MP3 - which of course is what you want.

Your MP3 player should have a iTunes like application.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mrbeetlebrain said:
While this is kinda true (itunes defaults to convert to AAC) a quick flick of the prefs will allow you to rip to MP3 - which of course is what you want.

Your MP3 player should have a iTunes like application.
my rio MP3 player has i-tunes like software, but the actual iTunes software is better. all my MP3s come from limewire (other users) and not from the iTunes store. but what i want to do is transfer MP3s to my rio from iTunes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts