NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm looking for your guys opinion!

I'm wanting to tint my windows & blacking out my roof.
Now should I paint it? (EXPENSIVE!)
Or should I wrap it in vinyl? (Quality?)

This is what I'm aiming for.

I got quoted $500 for tint on all 5 windows & vinyl covering my roof.

THANKS!

·
5/23/10 <3
10,914 Posts
If you do go vinyl and plan on taking it off at all in the future, make sure that the paint underneath is in good shape. My GTI had vinyl stickers on it when I got it to cover rock chips. Taking it off ended up taking off quite a bit of paint with it since it was compromised before it was put on. That is really my only beef with the vinyl. On good paint, its probably not a really big deal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Paint, without a doubt !! Vinyl of that size will be a pig to get on straight and without air bubbles. Some vinyl will blister and peel in heat and eventually the corners will lift, especially when polishing. Painting may cost more but is more durable, looks better, and should never need doing twice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Paint, without a doubt !! Vinyl of that size will be a pig to get on straight and without air bubbles. Some vinyl will blister and peel in heat and eventually the corners will lift, especially when polishing. Painting may cost more but is more durable, looks better, and should never need doing twice.
Hi there ! sorry to disagree with you.

I have my vinyl for 2 years now and it's in best shape. Some scratches because of low quality car wash but it's ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi there ! sorry to disagree with you.

I have my vinyl for 2 years now and it's in best shape. Some scratches because of low quality car wash but it's ok.
Don't be sorry, it's good to have a different point of view :)

Your Beetle looks great BTW :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't be sorry, it's good to have a different point of view :)

Your Beetle looks great BTW :)
Thanks ! :)

When the weather will improove here in Ro new mods are coming !

Complete Votex kit + Weitec GT Coilover Kits

It will be the best looking beetle in town :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks ! :)

When the weather will improove here in Ro new mods are coming !

Complete Votex kit + Weitec GT Coilover Kits

It will be the best looking beetle in town :p
Not so bad here in SLO just now, bummer is that there is no snow so skiing is out for now :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts