NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a review of mine :)
Edit: Not mine, it's a different shape, not the loving curves on this one :(

But what i was looking for is, mine is a PD but i'm sure there is also another type of the 1.9TDi Anyone know what it is :confused:

:)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Pumpe Duse, 64 mpg

"Not mine, it's a different shape, not the loving curves on this one"

"But what i was looking for is, mine is a PD but i'm sure there is also another type of the 1.9TDi Anyone know what it is "

Well, now we are both lost!

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
The PD TDI motors started here in the states in '04. Before that were the VE engines. The difference deals with the injection system. A lot of diehard VW diesel lovers prefer the VE to the PD. I know we do. Less complex mostly. But we also drive an IDI diesel VW ;) (that's indirect injection and almost entirely mechanical)

Turbocharged Direct Injection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
That was more, banter with Blugg, but that aside, 64 mpg? Or is a Euro mile not 5,280 ft? (lol)

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
Its likely in Imperial MPG for the UK. Fuel Consumption Calculator

64mpg Imperial = 53mpg US; 50mpg Imperial = 41mpg US. Seems a slight bit high, but about right. Also depends on the transmission as well.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Yep, you're right, so used to seeing the "litre" nomenclature, never thought about "Imperial" gallons. I stand, slightly, just slightly, smarter than a couple minutes ago. I :bowdown: to you for your wisdom! :D

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
Its really because I watch so much Top Gear :p

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
10,920 Posts
Working for me.

·