VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Volkswagen has two really iconic cars: the Beetle and the Microbus.

While the Beetle is still sold to this day, we were all waiting to hear more about another Microbus. And this electric van really reignites that hippie dream.

It’s hard to mistake this BUDD-e concept for anything but a new generation of VW’s iconic van, but it does feature a new twist: it’s all electric. Underneath that retro styling is a 101-kWh battery that allows for up to 373 miles of pure electric range. In addition to that recognizable design and next-generation powertrain, the BUDD-e concept also sports some cool high-tech features including a new infotainment system and the ability to connect to your smart home.
Read more about the Volkswagen BUDD-e Concept Reignites Your Hippie-Van Dreams at AutoGuide.com.

·
High mileage driver found
268 Posts
It's horrendous.

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
At least with the New Beetle, we have a shape.that tells.you it's a beetle. This van is just a van, with no distinction of making you think of a microbus. At least the Bulli concept of a couple years back, has a hint of a bus.

Just another vehicle by VW, nothing else.

·
Black Velvet
1,128 Posts
I don't know about the design. It's cool I guess at least this one looks like a VW and not a re-badge version of the Dodge Caravan from the Routan. I was disappointed that they didn't make the Microbus back then knowing that they make some really cool vans. We'll just have to wait and see how the final turn out comes together when they do the production version of the van.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
Better late than never ... the BUDD-e styling is OK with me, but they should use the Bulli Front End and Two-Tone Paint. The wife and I are moving to an all electric vehicle at the turn of the decade, whether it be, Tesla, Nissan or VW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts